Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Most Eventful Day Yet

So, today was definately my most eventful day yet. First, Julia and I went to Pinneal Church. This was the first time I have gone to that church. We were supposed to do something with the youth after church so I had a lesson and Julia had activities planned. Well, during the singing, the pastor called Julia out of church and said that he wanted us to "give the word of God" today. When Julia came back in and told me I was surprised. I should have expected the unexpected because hello, this is Swaziland. So Julia shared a few verses and then I "preached." I had someone read from Luke ch 1 and compared and contrasted Zachariah and Mary's reactions to the angel telling them about having a son.

Then, this evening we noticed someone had broken into our upper storage and stolen 2 generators. So, we had to file a police report. They were a couple of Barney Fifes. It was funny. I'm not planning on seeing those generators again.

We leave for Durban, South Africa tomorrow morning. We'll be there for two days then off to Shelly Beach for a prayer retreat. I'm excited to see the Indian Ocean. Please pray for safe travel and that the prayer retreat will be beneficial for both the other missionaries and me.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

"couple of Barney Fifes"
That made me smile. How old were those reruns when you watched?
It is so exciting to hear how God is working through you.

Debbie